Braces are used to correct a number of different problems which include:
- Gaps in between teeth which may occur due to abnormal growth of the jawbone
- Overbites where the upper teeth bite too far forward over the lower teeth
- Underbites where the lower teeth bite too far forward of the upper teeth
- Open bites where the front teeth fail to make contact, even when the back teeth are biting together
- Crowded or overlapping teeth where there is simply a lack of room in the jaw
- Crossbites where the upper or lower jaws are out of alignment, causing some of the upper teeth to bite inside the lower teeth
What is the Procedure for Getting Braces?
You will need a consultation with a dentist at either Swansea Dental Practice or Advance Family Dental so your teeth and jaws can be properly examined. We may need to take x-rays, photographs and impressions of your teeth to help plan treatment. The next step is to discuss your options, the time required for treatment and the cost.
Although many people will choose to wear braces to improve their smile, treatment can be a worthwhile investment in your oral health as straighter teeth can be easier to keep clean.