Achieve your ideal smile with our adult orthodontic services in Swansea
Many adults have problems with misaligned teeth that weren’t corrected during childhood. Alternatively, some people will have worn braces as a child but have seen their teeth move position, perhaps as a result of not wearing their retainers or getting older (your teeth do move with age).
With an increasing emphasis on the appearance of teeth, adult orthodontics is becoming more popular, and the newest solutions are very discreet. Swansea Dental Practice can provide a number of different options for adult orthodontics, including fixed and removable braces.
Contact us for orthodontic treatment in Swansea. Our dental specialists will examine your teeth and provide expert recommendations to improve your smile.
Do I need adult orthodontics?
Adult orthodontics can benefit those who have orthodontic issues, whether you are concerned about your appearance or seeking improvements in oral health and function.
Here are some of the most common reasons why an adult might consider orthodontic treatment:
- Cosmetic Concerns: Many adults seek orthodontic treatment to improve the appearance of their smile. Misaligned or protruding teeth, gaps, overcrowding, and other cosmetic issues can be addressed with orthodontic interventions, increasing self-confidence and overall satisfaction with one’s appearance.
- Oral Health: Properly aligned teeth are easier to clean and maintain, reducing the risk of tooth decay, gum disease, and other oral health problems. Straight teeth can also improve bite function, reducing the strain on jaw joints and potentially alleviating issues like temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorders.
- Bite Problems: Malocclusions, which are problems with the bite (e.g. overbites, underbites, crossbites, and open bites), can cause discomfort and functional difficulties. Orthodontic treatment can help correct these issues, improving both bite function and overall oral health.
- Orthodontic Relapse: Some adult patients had orthodontic treatment in the past but did not consistently wear their retainers, leading to relapse or shifting of teeth. Adult orthodontics can help re-align the teeth to their optimal positions.
- Healthier Mouth and Improved Chewing: Proper teeth alignment can improve chewing efficiency and oral comfort. This can contribute to better digestion and overall health.
Almost any adult can benefit from orthodontic treatment. Contact us for more information or book an appointment today.
Our adult orthodontic treatment options
Our orthodontic patients have access to various professional treatments, from conventional braces to innovative solutions like Invisalign. The most suitable treatment option will depend on various factors, including the severity of the orthodontic issues, personal preferences, lifestyle considerations, and budget.
To determine the best dental treatment plan for you, contact us to book a consultation today.
Invisible braces (Invisalign)
|While wearing braces is often associated with teenagers, traditional metal braces can also be effective for adults. These braces consist of metal brackets bonded to the teeth and connected by wires, adjusted over time to gradually move the teeth into the desired positions.|
We can utilise ceramic braces with tooth-coloured or clear brackets to ensure your adult braces are less noticeable and blend into your appearance.
|Clear aligners like Invisalign use a series of custom-made, clear trays (aligners) to gradually move the teeth. They are removable, making it easier to eat, brush, and floss. This option is popular among adults due to its convenience and minimal impact on appearance.|
|For more complex cases involving jaw misalignment or severe bite issues, orthognathic surgery might be necessary in combination with orthodontic treatment. This is often used in adult patients requiring functional and aesthetic improvements.||After the active phase of orthodontic treatment is completed, adults may need to wear retainers to maintain the new alignment of their teeth. Retainers can be removable or fixed, depending on the individual’s needs.|
FAQs about orthodontic treatment in Swansea
It depends on what kind of treatment you need. For example, the average time spent with braces is between 18 and 24 months, but this depends on the complexity of your case. Our dentists will provide a timeline (including review appointments) to ensure you achieve your desired results.
We take a collaborative approach with other dental specialists in the local area, including orthodontic surgeons, to ensure your surgery is successful. We will provide a referral for the next steps in the process.
Achieve a beautiful smile with adult orthodontic treatment in Swansea
Whether you want to straighten crooked teeth or improve the overall functionality of your chewing capabilities, Swansea Dental Practice is here to help. Our dentists are qualified and experienced in modern orthodontics, ensuring you walk away from treatment with a confident smile.
Book a consultation with our team today!